Web 2.0 VIDEO MARKETING
Why You Should Use Video On Your Website
- 75% of online video viewers have interacted with an online video ad this month
- 90% of users say product videos are helpful in the decision process
- 75% of executives watch work-related videos on business websites at least once a week
- 80% of users recall a video ad they viewed in the past 30 days
- 92% of mobile consumers share videos with others
- 1/3 of online activity is spent watching videos
- In 2016, video ad spending will reach 5.4 Billion
- Video ads make up 35% of total online ad spending
- Check out Forbes article on Video Marketing - Click Here
As a small business owner, you’ve probably heard the motto “content is king” describing the importance of content marketing. While written content can be effective, visual marketing is a more powerful tool for increasing interactions and actions. Since 46 percent of people watching a video ad on a business website take action after viewing it, it makes sense to include video as part of your marketing strategy.
1. Higher visibility in Google
One aspect of Google’s algorithm for search rankings is “dwell time,” or how long visitors stay on a site. The thought is that if people spend more time on a website, it must have quality content. Providing a short, compelling video is a good way of capturing and holding visitors’ attention. When businesses include video on their site, they see higher engagement rates, higher click-through rates, and higher conversion rates. In fact, 80 percent of people who watch a video ad remember it even a month later, and 12 percent will purchase the product in the ad.
2. Showcase Your Brand’s Personality
More people shop, work, and communicate online than ever before. While online interaction is convenient, it means that we aren’t usually putting faces to names. You can use video to humanize your brand and connect with your audience, because this gives you something close to face-to-face interaction. Using sound and moving images appeals to all our senses and triggers emotions, which motivate decision-making. Showcasing your brand’s personality through a video can help visitors get a better sense of who you are, building trust in your business and creating an emotional connection that will keep customers coming back.
3. Stand Out From The Competition
While it is clear that video marketing is important and even essential, only half of businesses currently use video as part of their marketing. This means you still have the ability to stand out from your competition when you use this type of marketing tool. Apply this powerful tool when introducing a new brand and answering questions to help build a lasting and favorable impression.
4. Include Mobile Users
If you’ve ever tried reading a lengthy article on a tiny Smartphone screen, you know how challenging this can be. A video can allow users to receive the same information much more easily. When you consider that viewing videos on mobile devices has increased 532 percent in the last two years, and 40 percent of people prefer to get their information visually rather than with plain text, it makes sense to use video on your site.